AEJ BELGIUM IS LOOKING FOR INTERNS
Location: Press Club Brussels Europe (PCBE, Rue Froissart 95, 1000 Brussels)
Date: For different periods in the year , exception made for July& August, short (one month) or longer (3 to 4 months)
- Gather story ideas and write/produce stories on innovations of importance to journalists and correspondents
- Work with staff to generate traffic for our website
- Work with staff to produce external communications, including AEJ Belgium’s newsletter.
- Fact check, proofread, format, and edit as necessary.
- Research about Think Tanks in Europe and /or Media innovation organizations in view of publication of directories on the AEJ website(s)
- Create videos and other multimedia communications to supplement news stories
- Perform interviews
- Mail marketing
- Inform about AEJ and try to increase the number of members
- Assist organization of events such as Difference Day (May 3, Bozar), Press Seminars and Press Conferences in different venues in Brussels (PCBE, EP,…)
*This is a menu of possible tasks. Concrete tasks are selected in regard of personal profile and interests of the trainee, after discussion with the supervisor from AEJ.
- Excellent professional writing and communication skills
- Able to write thoughtful pieces about venues, events, opportunities, etc
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to think critically and creatively
- Work well with remote teams
- Be proactive and able to handle multiple projects at once
- Positive attitude
- Basic WordPress knowledge
*We prefer to host long-term internships (ideally over 3 months; 6 months is even better).
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be enrolled full-time/part-time at a college or university (unpaid internship)
- Must be a junior, senior or graduate student
- Must preferably major in journalism or a communications discipline or in European Studies
- Must be able to relocate to Brussels for the full time of the internship program. (Housing assistance is not provided)
How to apply:
Send us an email with your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you for a personal interview face to face or via Skype to concrete the details of your internship.
AEJ BELGIUM IS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS
You are here because probably you like to get involved! At AEJ Belgium we are looking for writers and bloggers who are willing to work with AEJ Belgium team producing attractive articles about current journalism news and European affairs in Belgium and across Europe.
Time commitment: variable
Requirements: fluent in English, good writer, good reporter, ability to pitch stories and commitment to hit deadlines.
- Recognison. The best articles published on AEJ Belgium website are also published on our newsletter who reaches every month more than hunderds of professionals in Brussels and across the continent.
- Be part of the team. Being a volunteer at AEJ Belgium will help you to expand your network, participate in different activities (such as events, cocktails, meetings, debates, etc.) and feel part of our team.
- You will be helping to expand AEJ’s mission “promoting critical journalism in the European integration process, to defend media freedom in Europe and to promote cross-border journalism”
How to apply:
Send us your pitch telling us in a few lines what it is your news item/reportage/interview about. We will go back to you as soon as possible! If you prefer it you can always send us your full articles for publications at email@example.com